Used Alfa Romeo ABS Modulators
All used Alfa Romeo ABS Modulators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ABS Modulators
The Alfa Romeo ABS modulator is an air valve which controls the air pressure that streams into the brake chambers.
Located close to the engine, near the fuel filter, the Alfa Romeo ABS modulator is part of your car's hydraulic pump assembly.
The Alfa Romeo ABS modulator is sent messages from the ABS Control Unit ECU, when a wheel is likely to lock and skid, and it adjusts the air pressure in the brake chamber to stop this from happening. Basically, the Alfa Romeo ABS modulator, along with the ABS Control Unit ECU and pump, allows you to maintain control and brake safely and smoothly by regulating the air pressure in the wheel brakes.
If there is a fault with your Alfa Romeo ABS modulator the warning light will show on the display panel, perhaps having shown intermittently before, and the system will disable itself. The Check Engine Light may also show on the display and your speedometer could stop working. A faulty ABS modulator may affect braking when driving slowly.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- US President John F. Kennedy was a big fan of the Alfa Romeo, and would often be seen racing on Washington streets in his Alfa Romeo Giuletta Spider.
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.
- The lighter designs of Alfa Romeos has seen the company get a lot of racing success. They have performed exceptionally well at Le Mans, the Mille Miglia, and the Vanderbilt Cup. Perhaps their personal favourite victory was the 1923 win at the Targa Florio, a famously challenging competition.
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- All car companies have a slogan, but Alfa Romeo never seemed happy with theirs. They have had several, with everything from ‘The family car that wins races’ to ‘Mediocrity is a sin’. In 2020, they’re sticking with ‘Beauty is not enough. Power for your control.’