Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Air Flow Sensors
All used Alfa Romeo Air Flow Sensors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Flow Sensors
The Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor is an electronic air flow sensor, also referred to as an air flow mass meter, which measures air flow - the mass of air which is flowing through the car's engine. It is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor has a significant part to play in the performance, power and efficiency of the car's engine. The Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn efficiently in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel significantly reducing fuel efficiency which in turn increases the car's co2 emissions.
The Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor is usually found in a plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It's attached to the Alfa Romeo air hose at one end and the Alfa Romeo air filter box at the other.
The Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor will, with continued use, wear out or stop working. When this happens, the performance of the engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor will cause the check engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a problem with the Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor. A broken air flow mass sensor can sometimes prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run while it's not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there's a fault in the air flow mass sensor a replacement Alfa Romeo air flow mass sensor should be purchased.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- The Italian Job was famous for its use of the Mini Cooper, but the police in the film might very well have beaten Michael Caine on the flat with their Alfa Giulia Supers.
- Due to tax shenanigans, the very first Alfa-branded car was named the 24HP, even though it came with a 25 horsepower 4.1-litre engine. It was quick and could do a satisfying 62mph, despite having wooden spoke wheels.
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.
- The first-ever F1 driver’s championship happened in 1950, and it was won by Giuseppe Farina thanks to the lightning-quick Alfa Romeo he was in. A history of Grand Prix racing served Alfa Romeo well for that first Formula 1 race, but they stopped being involved in the competition back in 1988 until making a return in 2019.