Used Alfa Romeo Airbag Roofs
All used Alfa Romeo Airbag Roofs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Roofs
The airbag system is a crucial part of the car safety system. Having an airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a seriously clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Alfa Romeo airbag roof is located in a protective casing in the roof of the car above the person’s head, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a rollover crash or a high impact frontal crash.
The Alfa Romeo airbag roof reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the person sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Alfa Romeo airbag roof needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning fully, and that an important component such as the Alfa Romeo airbag roof is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The person needs to be seated correctly and wearing a seatbelt for the Alfa Romeo airbag roof to work properly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the Alfa Romeo airbag roof the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Alfa Romeo airbag roof inflates you will need to replace it with a new Alfa Romeo airbag roof as airbags cannot be reused.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- In 1933, the Italian government ‘acquired’ Alfa Romeo, and they kept their hold on it until 1986. That’s when Fiat bought the company and the government had no choice but to let it go.
- US President John F. Kennedy was a big fan of the Alfa Romeo, and would often be seen racing on Washington streets in his Alfa Romeo Giuletta Spider.
- The lighter designs of Alfa Romeos has seen the company get a lot of racing success. They have performed exceptionally well at Le Mans, the Mille Miglia, and the Vanderbilt Cup. Perhaps their personal favourite victory was the 1923 win at the Targa Florio, a famously challenging competition.
- Alfa is an acronym, standing for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, but few people are aware of where the word Romeo came from. It’s actually the surname of the Italian engineer Nicola Romeo, who bought the company as WWI was raging.
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.