Used Alfa Romeo Brake Assist Control Units
All used Alfa Romeo Brake Assist Control Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Assist Control Units
The Alfa Romeo brake assist control unit is part of your car's intelligent high-pressure brake system. Your car's ABS system improves overall driving stability and the Alfa Romeo brake assist control unit plays an important part in this by working in conjunction with the anti-lock braking system to provide the most effective braking performance possible in an emergency. Studies have revealed that most drivers do not brake hard enough in an emergency situation. This vital electronic device is an intelligent safety feature developed to help your car slow down and come to a halt as quickly as possible, assisting you to brake safely and evenly.
Essentially, the brake assist control unit was developed to improve overall braking by minimizing the level of pressure you need to apply on your brake pedals. So the Alfa Romeo brake assist control unit enables you to brake quickly if needs be, over the shortest possible distance, while allowing you to keep steady control of your steering. The Alfa Romeo brake assist control unit works by recognizing that the brake pressure needs to be increased and maintains this level of pressure until the ABS system takes charge, which then stops the wheels from locking, significantly reducing the braking distance and regulating the overall stability of your car when braking.
If the Alfa Romeo brake assist control unit is broken it will not apply the pressure needed which means the ABS would not be activated and able to do its job. This means it would take you longer to slow down and stop your car, as it is your foot alone that is providing the pressure on the brake. An ABS warning light will show on the dashboard if your <Model> brake assist control unit is faulty and the ABS will cease to operate. Make sure you get the right replacement part for your vehicle by buying a new Alfa Romeo brake assist control unit that will be compatible with the make and model your car.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- The Italian police love the Alfa Romeo, and so the 159 model is driven by both the standard police force and the special forces branches of the Italian police.
- US President John F. Kennedy was a big fan of the Alfa Romeo, and would often be seen racing on Washington streets in his Alfa Romeo Giuletta Spider.
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- The lighter designs of Alfa Romeos has seen the company get a lot of racing success. They have performed exceptionally well at Le Mans, the Mille Miglia, and the Vanderbilt Cup. Perhaps their personal favourite victory was the 1923 win at the Targa Florio, a famously challenging competition.