Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Bumpers
All used Alfa Romeo Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Alfa Romeo bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Alfa Romeo bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Alfa Romeo bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Alfa Romeo bumper complete provides the complete package.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.
- Due to tax shenanigans, the very first Alfa-branded car was named the 24HP, even though it came with a 25 horsepower 4.1-litre engine. It was quick and could do a satisfying 62mph, despite having wooden spoke wheels.
- The history of Alfa Romeo has more than a touch of Ferrari in it. Enzo Ferrari himself was the man who ran the racing team of Alfa Romeo, and he did so for around a decade. That world-famous prancing pony logo was even seen on more than a few Alfa Romeo sports cars.
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.