Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Bumper Reinforcers
All used Alfa Romeo Bumper Reinforcers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bumper Reinforcers
A bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy, it's a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted.
The Alfa Romeo front bumper reinforcer, is essentially a sturdy metal bar bolted on to the front bumper, or onto the subframe behind, which acts as a bolster to the bumper, providing extra protection, and supporting the role of the bumper in the event of a frontal collision.
The job of the front bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash, offering protection to the car, by minimising damage to the frame and body of the car as well as internal and external parts. The front bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimizes the force of the crash for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket on the front of the car, enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The Alfa Romeo bumper front reinforcer is fixed onto the front bumper, or to the subframe behind, and functions to assist the front bumper, adding extra reinforcement.
If the Alfa Romeo bumper front reinforcer needs replacing, having suffered damage in an accident, for example, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.
- The first-ever F1 driver’s championship happened in 1950, and it was won by Giuseppe Farina thanks to the lightning-quick Alfa Romeo he was in. A history of Grand Prix racing served Alfa Romeo well for that first Formula 1 race, but they stopped being involved in the competition back in 1988 until making a return in 2019.
- The history of Alfa Romeo has more than a touch of Ferrari in it. Enzo Ferrari himself was the man who ran the racing team of Alfa Romeo, and he did so for around a decade. That world-famous prancing pony logo was even seen on more than a few Alfa Romeo sports cars.
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.