Used Alfa Romeo Central Locking Switchs
All used Alfa Romeo Central Locking Switchs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Central Locking Switchs
The Alfa Romeo central locking switch is a two-way switch that is located in the door trim and allows the user to lock or unlock the door by pushing it. This switch can sometimes have an illustration on it with a closed padlock and an open padlock to show the user which way to push the switch to operate.
In a basic setup, the Alfa Romeo central locking switch sends power to the actuators to control the locking system. However, in a more complex setup, such as those where there are multiple ways to lock and unlock your vehicle, an on-board computer called a body controller will control the power. It also controls many of the functions of a vehicle, including the amount of time the interior lights stay on when the vehicle is started. It also gives you warnings that you’ve left your lights on or if you’ve left the keys in the ignition too.
If the Alfa Romeo central locking switch fails, it’s most likely due to a wiring or electrical fault in the central locking system. This could mean that the doors would be unable to be unlocked, or alternatively will not lock causing a security issue.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- Due to tax shenanigans, the very first Alfa-branded car was named the 24HP, even though it came with a 25 horsepower 4.1-litre engine. It was quick and could do a satisfying 62mph, despite having wooden spoke wheels.
- The history of Alfa Romeo has more than a touch of Ferrari in it. Enzo Ferrari himself was the man who ran the racing team of Alfa Romeo, and he did so for around a decade. That world-famous prancing pony logo was even seen on more than a few Alfa Romeo sports cars.
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.
- All car companies have a slogan, but Alfa Romeo never seemed happy with theirs. They have had several, with everything from ‘The family car that wins races’ to ‘Mediocrity is a sin’. In 2020, they’re sticking with ‘Beauty is not enough. Power for your control.’
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.