Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Centre Consoles
All used Alfa Romeo Centre Consoles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Centre Consoles
Traditionally housing the gearbox, handbrake lever and, on rear-wheel drive cars, the drive shaft. This housing is a raised area inside the car, between the front seats extending from the lower dashboard, sometimes extending into the rear passenger footwells.
The Alfa Romeo centre console is a raised area which enables the gearbox, engine exhaust piping and drive shaft to sit underneath the car without protruding, to enable ground clearance. It may house the gearstick, sat nav, entertainment system. handbrake lever, storage boxes, electric controls, armrests, drink-holders etc.
The Alfa Romeo centre console consists of multiple parts of plastic vinyl and trim pieces which can be broken or fail through general wear and tear.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.
- Alfa is an acronym, standing for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, but few people are aware of where the word Romeo came from. It’s actually the surname of the Italian engineer Nicola Romeo, who bought the company as WWI was raging.
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.
- All car companies have a slogan, but Alfa Romeo never seemed happy with theirs. They have had several, with everything from ‘The family car that wins races’ to ‘Mediocrity is a sin’. In 2020, they’re sticking with ‘Beauty is not enough. Power for your control.’
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.