Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Wing Mirrors Electric
All used Alfa Romeo Wing Mirrors Electric listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wing Mirrors Electric
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. The Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots' enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
The Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror is usually mounted in the door pillar on the side of the door.
The Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror can be adjusted electronically to move vertically, horizontally and diagonally from inside the car by a control switch. The Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror can be adjusted to suit the height, line of sight and seat position of the driver. An option on some electric windows is a memory feature which remembers the individual wing mirror settings for each driver of the car and can be programmed to recall them. Some electric wing mirrors also heat the glass on the mirror to aid visibility, stopping the mirror from icing in freezing conditions or clouding up in heavy rain. There is also an automatic dimming feature available on some electric models which reduces the glare in the wing mirror from cars traveling behind. The Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror can be folded in close to the car to avoid damage when parked.
The Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror can be subject to problems, such as failure in the motor or the wing mirror control switch. Problems can also occur if water seeps into the electric wing mirror. Broken, smashed and chipped mirrors will, of course, need replacing and naturally over a period of general use the Alfa Romeo electric wing mirror will need replacing with one that is compatible with the make and model of your car.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- Alfa is an acronym, standing for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, but few people are aware of where the word Romeo came from. It’s actually the surname of the Italian engineer Nicola Romeo, who bought the company as WWI was raging.
- In the 1960s, Alfa Romeo shifted their designs and started manufacturing a line of more luxurious models. One of the most popular was the Alfa Romeo 2600, one of which was even owned by the Pope.
- The first-ever F1 driver’s championship happened in 1950, and it was won by Giuseppe Farina thanks to the lightning-quick Alfa Romeo he was in. A history of Grand Prix racing served Alfa Romeo well for that first Formula 1 race, but they stopped being involved in the competition back in 1988 until making a return in 2019.
- Due to tax shenanigans, the very first Alfa-branded car was named the 24HP, even though it came with a 25 horsepower 4.1-litre engine. It was quick and could do a satisfying 62mph, despite having wooden spoke wheels.
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.