Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Gearbox Transmissions
All used Alfa Romeo Gearbox Transmissions listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- In 1933, the Italian government ‘acquired’ Alfa Romeo, and they kept their hold on it until 1986. That’s when Fiat bought the company and the government had no choice but to let it go.
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- In the 1960s, Alfa Romeo shifted their designs and started manufacturing a line of more luxurious models. One of the most popular was the Alfa Romeo 2600, one of which was even owned by the Pope.
- The first-ever F1 driver’s championship happened in 1950, and it was won by Giuseppe Farina thanks to the lightning-quick Alfa Romeo he was in. A history of Grand Prix racing served Alfa Romeo well for that first Formula 1 race, but they stopped being involved in the competition back in 1988 until making a return in 2019.
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.