Used Alfa Romeo Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used Alfa Romeo Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The Alfa Romeo automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The Alfa Romeo automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The Alfa Romeo automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The Alfa Romeo automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The Alfa Romeo automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the Alfa Romeo automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the Alfa Romeo automatic gearbox transmission.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.
- Alfa is an acronym, standing for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, but few people are aware of where the word Romeo came from. It’s actually the surname of the Italian engineer Nicola Romeo, who bought the company as WWI was raging.
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.
- US President John F. Kennedy was a big fan of the Alfa Romeo, and would often be seen racing on Washington streets in his Alfa Romeo Giuletta Spider.
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.