Used Alfa Romeo Miscellaneouss
All used Alfa Romeo Miscellaneouss listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- In 1933, the Italian government ‘acquired’ Alfa Romeo, and they kept their hold on it until 1986. That’s when Fiat bought the company and the government had no choice but to let it go.
- Due to tax shenanigans, the very first Alfa-branded car was named the 24HP, even though it came with a 25 horsepower 4.1-litre engine. It was quick and could do a satisfying 62mph, despite having wooden spoke wheels.
- Alfa is an acronym, standing for Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, but few people are aware of where the word Romeo came from. It’s actually the surname of the Italian engineer Nicola Romeo, who bought the company as WWI was raging.
- In the 1960s, Alfa Romeo shifted their designs and started manufacturing a line of more luxurious models. One of the most popular was the Alfa Romeo 2600, one of which was even owned by the Pope.
- The first-ever F1 driver’s championship happened in 1950, and it was won by Giuseppe Farina thanks to the lightning-quick Alfa Romeo he was in. A history of Grand Prix racing served Alfa Romeo well for that first Formula 1 race, but they stopped being involved in the competition back in 1988 until making a return in 2019.