Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Quarter Panels
All used Alfa Romeo Quarter Panels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Quarter Panels
The Alfa Romeo quarter panel is part of the car body which frames the wheels.
This part is the streamlined panel which covers the rear wheel arch, joining the rear door and reaching to the boot and rear bumper of the car.
The quarter panel on the side is usually welded on to the frame of the car, forming an integral part of the car body and the shape of the vehicle. It's contoured to add to the overall aerodynamics of the car. The Alfa Romeo quarter panel functions to protect the vehicle, passengers and driver inside the car, forming part of the car body. It helps to stop debris, such as mud, stones, water and sticks, as it's scattered about by the moving wheels of the car. The petrol flap/fuel cap can be found on the quarter panels on either side of the car.
Quarter panels are usually made of metal, fibre-reinforced plastic or fibre glass making them strong, rigid and durable but in the course of a lifetime may be subject to dents and marks and can easily be damaged in a collision. Over time the Alfa Romeo quarter panel may need replacing due to corrosion and rust. Quarter panels are made for a particular car make and model, so purchasing a replacement Alfa Romeo quarter panel will ensure a compatible part that will fit the make and model of your car.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- One of the most famous onscreen appearances of an Alfa Romeo was in the James Bond film Octopussy when the superspy stole a graphite GTV6. The car brand shows up again in Quantum of Solace, racing against Bond’s Aston Martin.
- The first-ever F1 driver’s championship happened in 1950, and it was won by Giuseppe Farina thanks to the lightning-quick Alfa Romeo he was in. A history of Grand Prix racing served Alfa Romeo well for that first Formula 1 race, but they stopped being involved in the competition back in 1988 until making a return in 2019.
- The history of Alfa Romeo has more than a touch of Ferrari in it. Enzo Ferrari himself was the man who ran the racing team of Alfa Romeo, and he did so for around a decade. That world-famous prancing pony logo was even seen on more than a few Alfa Romeo sports cars.
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.
- All car companies have a slogan, but Alfa Romeo never seemed happy with theirs. They have had several, with everything from ‘The family car that wins races’ to ‘Mediocrity is a sin’. In 2020, they’re sticking with ‘Beauty is not enough. Power for your control.’