Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo Radiator Hoses
All used Alfa Romeo Radiator Hoses listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Alfa Romeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Radiator Hoses
A cars radiator is a central part of the engines cooling system. Responsible for removal of heat from the engine coolant, the radiator system cools the liquid by allowing fresh external air to pass over a network of thin pipes, losing heat to the atmosphere.
Driven by the water pump the coolant circulates around the cooling system travelling through the engine and out via hoses or pipes to the radiator. The radiator acts as a heat exchange removing unwanted heat from the coolant before passing it back to the engine where it then runs back around the system.
A <Model> radiator hose connects various parts of the cooling system together; either to or from the engine block, water pump, radiator or cabin heating system. The hose is generally made from rubber or silicone although may also have metal sections.
The <Model> radiator hose can usually be seen inside the engine bay from above or below, although may be concealed behind sections of heat shield, or be located between the engine and bulkhead.
Due to the extremes in temperature and exposure to road grime and debris a <Model> radiator hose is prone to perishing over time. If fitment of a new hose is necessary it’s essential that any coolant loss is replaced.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- All car companies have a slogan, but Alfa Romeo never seemed happy with theirs. They have had several, with everything from ‘The family car that wins races’ to ‘Mediocrity is a sin’. In 2020, they’re sticking with ‘Beauty is not enough. Power for your control.’
- It is rumoured that the Alfa Romeo was one of Henry Ford’s favourite car designs. The story goes that he would always take off his hat as a sign of respect when he saw one on the roads.
- The history of Alfa Romeo has more than a touch of Ferrari in it. Enzo Ferrari himself was the man who ran the racing team of Alfa Romeo, and he did so for around a decade. That world-famous prancing pony logo was even seen on more than a few Alfa Romeo sports cars.