Used Audi A1 Brake Caliper
All used Audi A1 Brake Caliper listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Audi A1 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Caliper
On vehicles with rear disc brakes, the rear Brake Caliper is a unit which straddles the brake disc. This unit houses the brake pads, the piston that pushes the two pads onto the disc and on vehicles which use the pads for handbraking, the cable and pushrod mechanism for the handbrake. On some vehicles with rear disc brakes the handbrake has a separate drum, in the centre of the disc, with brake shoes.
The A1 Audi Brake Caliper Driverside Rear is positioned behind the wheel and straddles the brake disc,
When the foot brake is pressed the hydraulic system forces the fluid into the cylinder in the caliper which pushes the piston, which in turn pushes the brake pads onto the brake disc.Vehicles using the pads for the handbrake have a cable attached to the caliper which operates a pushrod inside the piston.
As the A1 Audi Brake Caliper Driverside Rear houses the cylinder for the piston that pushes the pad onto the brake disc it may be that the cylinder has been damaged causing leakage of hydraulic brake fluid or the seizing of the piston.
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.
- If you’ve ever looked at an Audi RS and mistaken it for a Porsche, you haven’t gone mad. The car was actually a collaboration with Porsche, and the RS has the distinctive grille and tailgate of the famous sports car.
- The Audi R8 is made very unusually, and only 20 are rolled out of their factory on any given day. That’s because it's considered an honour to work on this model, and only the top 120 Audi employees are qualified enough.
- The RS3 is lighter than you might think. That's because the five-cylinder engine isn’t made from cast-iron but instead from aluminium. That means it only weighs around 26kg!
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.