Used Audi A3 Door
All used Audi A3 Door listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Audi A3 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
A3 Audi car doors are used by the driver and passengers, sitting in the front or back seats, to enter and exit the car.
A standard car door usually opens outwards and is normally mounted to the frame of the car with hinges which are fixed to the car with either bolts or pins. A3 Audi car doors are fitted with a section of glass, which makes up the car window.
Most manufacturers of modern cars favour aluminium for parts such as car doors, because it is strong, durable and rustproof while being lightweight. Car doors can also be made of steel and strong plastics. The interior of a car door, referred to as the car door card, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl to compliment the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the car door card houses controls for electric windows and the locking mechanism.
Whether the A3 Audi door has been damaged, not working properly, needs replacing due to general wear and tear, or you’re simply renovating your car, it’s important when replacing any door to make sure you purchase a door that is compatible with the make, model, and year of your car.
Audi A3 trivia
- When the Audi A3 first went on sale in the UK, the prices ranged from just over £15k to £23,665. It was considered the first premium car in the compact hatchback range.
- The Audi A3 was the eighth Audi model to have an engine with five valves per cylinder.
- The first-generation A3 was phased out of production in Europe in 2003 as the second-generation came to the fore. However, some markets continued to produce the car, in particular Brazil, where they didn't stop making Audi A3's until 2006.
- The latest Audi A3 Sedan is 40mm longer than the first-generation model. It's also 24mm higher, and 14mm wider. However, the boot is exactly the same size!
- In 2013, the Audi A3 won both the What Car? Small Family Car of the Year and the What Car? Car of the Year. A year later, it also took home the award for World Car of the Year.