Find parts for your car
Used Audi A3 Door Mirror Cable
All used Audi A3 Door Mirror Cable listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Audi A3 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Mirror Cable
The A3 Audi door mirror cable is a strong, plastic coated cable which is attached to the wing mirror and is used to adjust the positioning of the mirror to enable the driver to see other objects on the road and assist with moving from one lane to another.
In a manual door mirror operation, this flexible cable is attached to the door interior and is controlled by a lever to adjust the mirror. In an electric door mirror system, this cable consists of a series of wires that are covered with a protective plastic coating and is attached to the vehicles power supply. The A3 Audi door mirror cable in this case controls two motors which allow the mirror to move up and down and sideways. As with the manual door mirrors, these are operated by a switch inside the vehicle.
If a manual A3 Audi door mirror cable is damaged, the driver will be unable to move the door mirror. The driver may also notice that the lever controlling the mirror moves more easily than usual. In the case of an electric mirror failure, this could be caused by a wiring fault.
Audi A3 trivia
- The Lamborghini has unashamedly inspired the 2020 Audi A3. It comes with LED lights, and you can even opt for Matrix LED lights as an upgrade.
- The Audi A3 TDI ClubSport Quattro was a concept car that was showcased in 2008. The unique A3 was more environmentally friendly but also came with a 2-litre diesel engine that produced 224hp.
- If you like your driving music loud, then the Audi A3 should be your car of choice. You can add a Bang & Olufsen sound system to the A3 that comes with a 705-watt unit and an impressive 14 speakers. Don't annoy your neighbours with it too much!
- Structurally, the Audi A3 shares the same basic design as the Audi TT, the VW Golf, the SEAT Leon, and the Skoda Octavia.
- In 1999, Audi introduced the five-door Audi A3, which was part of a line-up of more powerful cars from the carmaker. The 4WD Audi A3 1.8T Quattro used the same Haldex Traction system as the Audi TT.