Find parts for your car
Used Audi A3 Screen Washer Jet
All used Audi A3 Screen Washer Jet listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Audi A3 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer Jet
A screenwasher jet is the mechanism by which screenwash is squirted onto the vehicle windscreen to aid clear visibility and safe driving. Screenwash is pumped from the screenwash reservoir by means of a stick-lever on the steering column. It’s carried by plastic tubing from the reservoir to two small jets which lie just below the exterior of the windscreen. On the rear windscreen there may be only one jet. These jets can be angled to get the optimum direction onto the windscreen. The use of windscreen wipers during operation of the jets will obtain the best results in thoroughly cleaning the windscreen.
There will usually be a setting on the steering column lever that will cause the windscreen wipers to activate automatically with a spray of screenwash from the jets.
Poor jet spray is likely to be caused by the jet nozzles becoming blocked by debris in which case the screenwash is not able to escape from the jets. If the jets are inoperative the wipers will generally smear the windscreen making visibility poor. If the screenwasher jets are not angled correctly they will not spray the screenwash onto the correct portion of the windscreen. In extreme cold weather the screenwasher jets may freeze up and not allow water to be sprayed onto the windscreen. It’s also possible for the plastic tubes which carry the screenwash to perish and leak which will prevent fluid reaching the jets. Pools of water under or even inside the vehicle may be apparent if this is the case.
Audi A3 trivia
- The latest Audi A3 Sedan is 40mm longer than the first-generation model. It's also 24mm higher, and 14mm wider. However, the boot is exactly the same size!
- Structurally, the Audi A3 shares the same basic design as the Audi TT, the VW Golf, the SEAT Leon, and the Skoda Octavia.
- The Lamborghini has unashamedly inspired the 2020 Audi A3. It comes with LED lights, and you can even opt for Matrix LED lights as an upgrade.
- While the first-generation Audi A3 scored quite poorly in the Euro NCAP safety tests, the third-generation Audi A3 scored a five-star rating for safety and an adult safety rating of 95%.
- In 2013, the Audi A3 won both the What Car? Small Family Car of the Year and the What Car? Car of the Year. A year later, it also took home the award for World Car of the Year.