Used Audi A6 Alternator
All used Audi A6 Alternator listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Audi A6 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
A6 Audi alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. A6 Audi alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The A6 Audi alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern A6 Audi alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the A6 Audi alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
Audi A6 trivia
- In 2012, the Audi A6 won the coveted Autocar Asian Car of the Year.
- Four wins over three years, the Audi A6 has always had a strong presence at the Eyes on Design Awards. The award was presented at a Detroit car show, where the Audi A6 was handed the Best production Vehicle design.
- There are always car deals signed for Marvel films, and for Avengers: Age of Ultron, that car was the Audi A6. You can spot an A6 in several notable scenes. Tony Stark doesn't drive an A6, but he does drive a 2016 Audi R8. However, the Audi A6 hybrid C7 is a consistent presence in the film.
- The 2020 Audi A6 was given the highest possible award for safety by the IIHS and was granted the Top Safety Pick+ rating.
- When armed thieves stole 'The Scream' and 'Madonna' from the Edvard Munch Museum in 2004, they made their getaway in a black Audi A6 station wagon (the paintings were found two years later).