Used Audi Air Flow Meters
All used Audi Air Flow Meters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Air Flow Meters
The Audi air flow meter is an electronic air flow sensor, also referred to as an air flow sensor, which measures air flow; the mass of air which is flowing through the engine of a car, and is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Audi air flow meter has an important part to play in the overall performance, power and efficiency of the engine.
The Audi air flow meter is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter.
An engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, which reduces fuel efficiency, and in turn increases CO2 emissions. The Audi air flow meter works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The Audi air flow meter will eventually stop functioning as well. When this happens, the performance of your engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Audi air flow meter will cause the Check Engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a malfunction with the Audi air flow meter. A broken air flow meter can sometimes prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run while it is not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there is a fault with the Audi air flow meter a replacement Audi air flow meter should be purchased.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- The classic Audi ‘four-ring’ logo is instantly recognisable and is meant to symbolise the four companies that make up the main trading arms of Audi.
- Audi was founded after the German engineer August Horch fell out with the co-founder of his first manufacturing company. He called the new company August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.
- Volkswagen owns the Audi brand, after buying it from Daimler-Benz way back in the 1960s.
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.