Used Audi Airbags
All used Audi Airbags listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
One of the most crucial parts of the car's safety system are the airbags. An airbag can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Audi airbag is located in the hub of the steering wheel, to protect the driver in a frontal and rollover crash.
The Audi airbag reacts upon impact by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car protecting the driver by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Audi airbag needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that your car's airbag system is fully functional and in good working order as the Audi airbag must be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The driver need to be seated in the driving position and wearing a seatbelt for the Audi airbag to work properly upon impact and to avoid receiving injury from airbag inflation.
If there is damage or a fault with the Audi airbag the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Audi airbag inflates you will need to replace it with a new Audi airbag as airbags cannot be reused.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.
- The classic Audi ‘four-ring’ logo is instantly recognisable and is meant to symbolise the four companies that make up the main trading arms of Audi.
- Audi was the first manufacturer to use four-wheel drive cars in the World Rally Championship. Consistent wins meant that the WRC soon allowed all cars to use the technology.
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.