Used Audi Aircon Switchs
All used Audi Aircon Switchs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Aircon Switchs
The purpose of the car's air conditioning system is to conditionsthe air, which means whilst cooling the air in the car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in the car, so it stops the air getting too humid. The car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in the car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside the car.
The Audi aircon switch is what you press to activate the car's air conditioning unit. It is on the aircon unit, which is usually situated as part of the controls on the car's dashboard.
When you press the Audi aircon switch on the aircon, the air conditioning will not activate until the aircon controller unit tells it to. The car's main Electronic Control Unit (ECU) decides, from information provided by specialised sensors, the right time for the car's air conditioning to start working. The car's ECU will monitor various factors like the temperature of the car, the speed of the engine and the temperature of the engine coolant to check not only if the air conditioning is needed in the car but also if it is safe to start the aircon compressor, which sets the whole process in motion. At the right time the ECU will tell the aircon controller unit, which is set to operate the heating and air conditioning system, to start cooling the car and the process will begin.
This part, being used lots, will wear out at some point and not work so well, or you may experience the aircon switch jamming completely and are unable to operate it and will need to replace it with a new Audi aircon switch.
- The Audi Type K was the first car with left-hand steering as standard. This was one of Audi’s most popular cars, especially in Germany.
- Not happy with just making one of the first automated cars, Audi even built and raced one in the Pikes Peak Hill race, setting records for speed even without a driver.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- If you’ve ever looked at an Audi RS and mistaken it for a Porsche, you haven’t gone mad. The car was actually a collaboration with Porsche, and the RS has the distinctive grille and tailgate of the famous sports car.