Used Audi Body Shells
All used Audi Body Shells listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Audi are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Body Shells
The Audi body shell is the outer shell of a car body, forming the skeleton or frame of the car, upon which the body of the car is supported. The body shell consists of a selection of big sections of steel, of differing shapes and sizes, which are welded or cold riveted together to form the basic structure of the vehicle. The body shell functions primarily, therefore, as the most important structural component of a car.
The body shell of a car can come in an array of shapes and designs, dependent on the car make and model. The body shell is designed to be rigid so that it can support the rest of the car components and keep all of these parts aligned as they should be. The Audi body shell provides a base structure upon which systems, such as the suspension, can be mounted. The components of the car, such as the mechanical parts; interior fittings; the doors and window glass, are basically fixed to the <Model> body shell, usually separated from the frame by rubber insulator pads.
The major purpose of the Audi body shell is to support the body and mechanical parts of the car; support the weight of the passengers and luggage in the car; support the car structurally in a collision as well as offering protection to the occupants of the car; support the car in adverse weather conditions by adding stability and ensuring a steady drive; and stabilize the general handling and steering capabilities of the vehicle. The shape of the body shell also functions to assist with the aerodynamics of the vehicle, supporting the lift balance between the front and rear of the car, bettering the stability and handling.
Excessive corrosion, usually with cars that are left out in the elements all the time, can lead to the entire body shell needing to be replaced. Often the rest of the vehicle is running perfectly with plenty of life left, and a new Audi body shell could be the difference between a functioning car or having to take the vehicle off the road. If the body shell has received significant damage in a collision, then it will need to be replaced. You might have taken on a project to build your own car and want to buy a new body shell to begin this mission. When buying a new Audi body shell, you can be sure it's manufactured to support and be compatible with the other components of your specific car make and model.
- Audi was the first manufacturer to use four-wheel drive cars in the World Rally Championship. Consistent wins meant that the WRC soon allowed all cars to use the technology.
- The Audi R8 is made very unusually, and only 20 are rolled out of their factory on any given day. That’s because it's considered an honour to work on this model, and only the top 120 Audi employees are qualified enough.
- The classic Audi ‘four-ring’ logo is instantly recognisable and is meant to symbolise the four companies that make up the main trading arms of Audi.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- The RS3 is lighter than you might think. That's because the five-cylinder engine isn’t made from cast-iron but instead from aluminium. That means it only weighs around 26kg!