Find parts for your car
Used Audi Door Sensor Switchs
All used Audi Door Sensor Switchs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Door Sensor Switchs
The Audi door sensor switch is a simple yet clever sensor which detects when the door is opened or closed.
The door sensor switch is usually linked to the car’s alarm and security system, so if the sensor switch detects unauthorised entry, by the car door being opened without the use of a key, the car alarm is activated.
This type of sensor usually works with a magnetically operated switch called a reed switch. The door sensor switch is hidden in the door frame and a magnet is placed on the other side of the door and this is all connected to an electrical circuit. When the car door is opened this moves the switch and the magnet apart, which makes the electrical connectors come together which sets the alarm off. The door sensor switch also activates the internal light/s in the car when the door is opened and the light/s are switched off when the door is shut again.
Faulty door sensor switches can mean the sensor will not detect an intrusion which jeopardises the safety of the vehicle. It can also lead to problems with the car’s central locking system and can cause the internal lights to either not come on when the door is opened or to stay on when the door is closed. These type of sensors will wear out over time. Damage to the wiring or to the sensor itself will mean you’ll need to replace this part. Buying a Audi door sensor switch will ensure you’ll get the right part for the make and model of your vehicle.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- In 1971, Audi reached the landmark that all car manufacturers hope to hit sooner rather than later: the production of their millionth car. By 1976, they reached 2 million!
- Audi was founded after the German engineer August Horch fell out with the co-founder of his first manufacturing company. He called the new company August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.