Used Audi Mirror Rear View Auto Dims
All used Audi Mirror Rear View Auto Dims listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Mirror Rear View Auto Dims
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. The Audi rear view mirror auto dim on a car is an electric interior mirror which allows the driver to see the 'blind spots' behind the car, enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
The Audi auto dim rear view mirror is housed in a casing, which contains an electronic circuit board and photo-sensors, and is mounted centrally, usually to the top of the front windshield and can be adjusted vertically, horizontally and diagonally to suit the height, line of sight and seat position of the driver.
The clever automatic dimming feature on this electric model reduces the glare in the rear view mirror from cars travelling behind. Intelligent photo sensors, which sense the amount of light hitting the rear view mirror, activate an electrical charge which is sent to the electro-chromatic glass, which automatically dims the mirror according to the light.
The rear view mirror glass should be clean and free from scratches, chips and cracks, to enable clear, safe vision. Rear view mirrors come in different shapes and sizes, dependent on the make and model of car, so it's important to ensure that you replace the rear view mirror with a part that is compatible with your vehicle.
Broken, smashed or chipped rear view mirrors will, of course, need replacing. Over a period of general use the Audi auto dim rear view mirror will suffer from general wear and need replacing with an auto dim rear view mirror that is compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The Audi R8 is made very unusually, and only 20 are rolled out of their factory on any given day. That’s because it's considered an honour to work on this model, and only the top 120 Audi employees are qualified enough.
- The Audi Type K was the first car with left-hand steering as standard. This was one of Audi’s most popular cars, especially in Germany.
- Not happy with just making one of the first automated cars, Audi even built and raced one in the Pikes Peak Hill race, setting records for speed even without a driver.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- Audi was founded after the German engineer August Horch fell out with the co-founder of his first manufacturing company. He called the new company August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.