Used Audi Power Steering Racks
All used Audi Power Steering Racks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Power Steering Racks
Virtually every motor vehicle that is manufactured nowadays has some form of power assisted steering system to make manoeuvring easier for the driver. The vast majority of power assisted steering systems operate using hydraulic pressure and utilise either a power steering box or a rack and pinion system.
An essential component in the operation of the hydraulic rack and pinion power steering system is the Audipower steering rack. The Audipower steering rack is made up of a rack, which is enclosed with a steering pinion. The Audipower steering rack connects to the vehicle’s steering wheel. When the driver turns the steering wheel, the pinion moves and forces the steering rack to move either to the right or the left. The ends of the Audipower steering rack are attached to the vehicle’s front wheels so the steering rack inputs and causes them to turn.
A Audipower steering rack employs a pump, driven by the vehicle’s engine to supply hydraulic fluid, under pressure, to the steering rack when the wheel is turned. This makes the process of turning of the steering rack far easier.
If the Audipower steering rack becomes worn it is prone to develop a leak. This will make steering difficult and marks the right to time to exchange the part for a new or re-conditioned alternative.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- In 1971, Audi reached the landmark that all car manufacturers hope to hit sooner rather than later: the production of their millionth car. By 1976, they reached 2 million!
- Audi was founded after the German engineer August Horch fell out with the co-founder of his first manufacturing company. He called the new company August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.