Find parts for your car
Used Audi Rocker Cover Gaskets
All used Audi Rocker Cover Gaskets listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Rocker Cover Gaskets
The camshaft's job is to manage the poppet valves, basically opening and closing the intake and exhaust valves in the cylinder head. Aided by the rocker arms, the camshaft works to make sure that the intake and exhaust valves are opening and closing at exactly the right time. The camshaft causes the rocker arms to open the valves enabling the correct amount of air and fuel to flow into the engine and burn in the cylinders for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. The valves are sprung loaded which enables them to close again. The spring functions to maintain contact between the valves and the rocker arms. The rocker arm is protected by a rocker cover which helps to stop oil and dirt from damaging the rocker arm.
The rocker cover is bolted on to the cylinder head to cover and shield the rocker arm, and sealed with a Audi rocket cover gasket. The rocker cover gasket, usually made of rubber or cork, is sandwiched between the top of the engine and the rocker cover, providing a secure seal to prevent leaks.
If the rocker arms get clogged up with dirt it will cause them to stop working properly so the rocker cover and rocker cover gasket is vital in ensuring the rocker arms can function properly and last longer. The rocker cover gasket is crucial in providing a seal between the rocker cover and the engine, keeping the engine oil where it's supposed to be. An engine that leaks oil should be sorted out as soon as possible; it won't be properly lubricated if losing too much oil which can lead to serious damage to engine components.
Shrunken, cracked or rotten rocker cover gaskets should be replaced as soon as possible. Evidence of an oil leak around the edge of the valve cover is a good indication that the rocker cover gasket is faulty. When you need to replace this part, choosing to fit the Audi rocker cover gasket will guarantee perfect compatibility with the make and model of your vehicle.
- The Audi Type K was the first car with left-hand steering as standard. This was one of Audi’s most popular cars, especially in Germany.
- Not happy with just making one of the first automated cars, Audi even built and raced one in the Pikes Peak Hill race, setting records for speed even without a driver.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- You might think that crash tests in cars have always been a requirement, but it was Audi that first started doing them. Far from the modern methods used today, Audi engineers simply let their cars roll down hills until they hit something. Spectators used to line up to watch the excitement.