Used Audi Roof Soft Top Motors
All used Audi Roof Soft Top Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Roof Soft Top Motors
Whilst the roofs of many soft top convertible cars are retracted manually, in others - particularly more modern vehicles - the roof is raised and lowered with the assistance of an electric or hydraulic soft top roof motor.
To operate the raising and lowering of the roof involves engaging a power switch. Certain fabric roofs have a set of clips to secure the roof in place and keep it water -tight. These need to be unfastened before lowering the roof. When the switch is engaged, the electric or hydraulic soft top roof motor causes a gear to turn on each side of the car, which drives the roof open. These gears are connected to a bracket which, in turn, connects to the roof itself.
The roof is constructed using various brackets and arms which, when the opening mechanism is engaged, fold inside the roof’s structure and unfold when the roof is closed.
The soft top roof motor makes the process of operating a soft top roof quicker and easier than doing it manually. Many vehicles with a soft top roof motor do allow manual operation in the event that the motor breaks down. Replacement motors may be purchased but they can be an expensive component and the fitting can be complicated, sometimes requiring the complete removal of the soft top.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.
- The Audi Type K was the first car with left-hand steering as standard. This was one of Audi’s most popular cars, especially in Germany.
- The Audi R8 is made very unusually, and only 20 are rolled out of their factory on any given day. That’s because it's considered an honour to work on this model, and only the top 120 Audi employees are qualified enough.