Used Audi Side Steps
All used Audi Side Steps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Side Steps
The Audi side step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting the vehicle on the side to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed where the sill sits, directly beneath the side doors on the vehicle, the side step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. The side step may come with a pre-cut sill which can then be used in conjunction with the side step or you may need to cut the original sill to shape it to fit with the side step in place.
The Audi side step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Side steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's. Side steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often side steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Side steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit side steps to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The side steps on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the side steps to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new side step on your car, choosing the Audi side step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- If you’ve ever looked at an Audi RS and mistaken it for a Porsche, you haven’t gone mad. The car was actually a collaboration with Porsche, and the RS has the distinctive grille and tailgate of the famous sports car.
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.
- In 1971, Audi reached the landmark that all car manufacturers hope to hit sooner rather than later: the production of their millionth car. By 1976, they reached 2 million!