Find parts for your car
Used Audi Space Saver Wheels
All used Audi Space Saver Wheels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Space Saver Wheels
The Audi space saver wheel is designed to take the place of a traditional, full size spare wheel, and is intended to be a spare wheel for use when you get a flat tyre when out driving.
The Audi space saver wheel will usually be housed in the boot of the car, in the spare wheel well, concealed out of the way so as not to disrupt luggage space, enabling you to change a tyre when on the go should you need to, provided the space saver wheel is kept with a tyre fully inflated, and is in good working condition.
Unlike the bulky, heavy, traditional full size spare wheels, the Audi space saver wheel is compact and light and, as the name suggests, is designed to save space and reduce the overall weight of the car. The Audi space saver wheel has come to replace the traditional full size wheel as a temporary measure when you need to change your tyre in a breakdown situation. You can't travel far on a space saver wheel, approximately 50 miles, and are limited to travelling at a speed of 50 miles per hour. You will need to change the Audi space saver wheel to a full size wheel and return the space saver wheel to the wheel well at your earliest convenience. Inconveniently, you can't house your full size spare wheel in the space saver wheel well once you've changed the tyre, as the full size is just too big, but the benefits of having a smaller, lighter more compact wheel have a positive effect on fuel efficiency and can reduce the CO2 emissions of your car.
The Audi space saver wheel should have a long life. Since it's not kept on the car for any length of time, and then replaced in its housing, it isn't subjected to the general wear and tear and abrasion that the other wheels on your car are. You will, however, eventually need to replace the space saver wheel and should ensure you purchase the Audi space saver wheel to guarantee a perfect fit for the make and model of your car.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- If you’ve ever looked at an Audi RS and mistaken it for a Porsche, you haven’t gone mad. The car was actually a collaboration with Porsche, and the RS has the distinctive grille and tailgate of the famous sports car.
- In 1971, Audi reached the landmark that all car manufacturers hope to hit sooner rather than later: the production of their millionth car. By 1976, they reached 2 million!
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.