Used Audi Steering Pump Electrics
All used Audi Steering Pump Electrics listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Steering Pump Electrics
The Audielectric steering pump forms part of a hydraulic power assisted steering system and is not to be confused with electric power steering, which operates without a belt-driven hydraulic pump. An Audielectric steering pump is found in what is sometimes described as electro-hydraulic or hybrid power steering systems. This type of system uses the same source of hydraulic pressure to provide the steering assistance but the hydraulic fluid is pumped out of the reservoir by an Audielectric steering pump rather than a belt driven by the engine.
The speed of the pump is regulated by an electric controller which has the ability to vary pump pressure and flow. This tailors the system’s contribution to the steering efforts to different driving situations. This means that the Audielectric steering pump can operate at higher speed and thereby provide greater steering assistance when the car is being driven slowly. This is especially helpful in providing assistance when the vehicle is being parked. A further advantage is that the pump can be operated at low speed or shut down completely to provide energy savings when driving in a straight line.
The Audielectric steering pump therefore plays an important role in operating a hydraulic power assisted steering system and is an effective alternative to an engine driven pump.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- Volkswagen owns the Audi brand, after buying it from Daimler-Benz way back in the 1960s.
- Not happy with just making one of the first automated cars, Audi even built and raced one in the Pikes Peak Hill race, setting records for speed even without a driver.
- Audi was founded after the German engineer August Horch fell out with the co-founder of his first manufacturing company. He called the new company August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.