Used Audi Water Pumps
All used Audi Water Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Water Pumps
The main function of the cooling system is to keep the engine cool and stop it from overheating. Coolant, a combination of water and anti-freeze is responsible for helping to make sure the engine doesn't overheat. The cooling system does its job by allowing liquid coolant to move through the engine. The liquid absorbs the heat from the engine which in turn cools the engine down. Part of the car's cooling system, the Audi water pump functions to pump water and liquid coolant around the cooling system in an internal combustion engine. Its purpose is to keep the system running at the correct temperature for optimum engine performance and efficiency, preventing overheating of the engine.
Situated in the engine compartment, and sealed so as to the block with a water pump gasket, to prevent leaks, the Audi water pump is driven by the drive belt/cam belt which is connected to the engine's crankshaft.
The water pump, usually a box manufactured from either iron or aluminium, pumps liquid and circulates it throughout the system whenever the engine is in operation. The liquid being pumped out of the pump travels through the engine into the cylinder head, where it continues into the radiator and ends up back at the pump and the cycle is repeated. The correct amount of coolant needs to be present, and the right amount of coolant flowing through the radiator at all times that the car is in motion. If the coolant levels are too low this can have fatal results for the cooling system and subsequently the engine. The water pump plays an important role in enabling the engine to function as efficiently as possible and to perform at its best.
If the water pump fails, this will lead to the engine overheating because the liquid coolant is unable to circulate through the system. There are many problems that can arise with your car's cooling system so it is advisable to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Audi water pump is the ideal choice when you need to replace this part.
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.
- The Audi Type K was the first car with left-hand steering as standard. This was one of Audi’s most popular cars, especially in Germany.
- The Audi R8 is made very unusually, and only 20 are rolled out of their factory on any given day. That’s because it's considered an honour to work on this model, and only the top 120 Audi employees are qualified enough.