Find parts for your car
Used Audi Water Temperature Meters
All used Audi Water Temperature Meters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Audi are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Water Temperature Meters
One of the most important regular checks that a motorist should make is the temperature of the coolant system water. This is undertaken by reference to the Audiwater temperature meter or temperature gauge. The Audiwater temperature meter consists of a sensor element which is usually located around the top of the engine’s cylinder head. The sensor sends temperature readings to the water temperature display on the dashboard.
When a vehicle is first started up the water temperature reading should indicate that the coolant system water is cold. It should then rise to somewhere around half way between hot and cold as the engine heats up. High readings can indicate one of several issues. These include a blocked radiator, a collapsed radiator hose, cylinder block problems, a lack of water in the system and problems with the water pump or the thermostat. Consistently cold readings when the engine has warmed up are indicative of problems with the thermostat, gauge or sensor element.
The consequences of overheating the engine can be disastrous and expensive and it is therefore vital to keep the Audiwater temperature meter in good working order. If any of the parts of the meter fail, especially the all –important sensor, they should be replaced as soon as possible to avoid potential future problems.
- You might think that crash tests in cars have always been a requirement, but it was Audi that first started doing them. Far from the modern methods used today, Audi engineers simply let their cars roll down hills until they hit something. Spectators used to line up to watch the excitement.
- The Olympics Committee tried to sue Audi in 1995, claiming that the four rings logo was too similar to the Olympic rings. Audi easily won.
- The oldest car race event in the world, the 24hr Le Mans, has been won by Audi an impressive 13 times, most of which were in the classic R8 racer.
- Audi has been responsible for many firsts in car design. One of the most impactful was the introduction of the dual-clutch gearbox, first seen in the Quattro S1 E2. Now, of course, they are commonplace.
- The word Audi is a Latin translation of the word Horch, which incidentally is where we get the word audio from!