Used Audi Windscreen Washer Motors
All used Audi Windscreen Washer Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Audi from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Windscreen Washer Motors
The Audi windscreen washer motor works with the windscreen washer pump to provide the power to pump the washer spray across the windscreen, which works in conjunction with the windscreen wipers to clean the surface of the screen.
The electric windscreen washer motor consists of a cylinder referred to as the rotor or armature. This is the rotating part of the motor and it houses all of the components that work together to make up the motor. Surrounding the rotor are copper coils of wire which act as the conductors. When the windscreen washer motor switch is activated by the driver via the controls on the wiper stalk switch, this sends an electric current to the motor, and the copper winding picks up this current causing the electricity to move through the wiring. The electricity moving through the copper wire creates a circular magnetic field. It's this magnetic energy which generates the force to power the cylinder and makes it spin. The spinning cylinder creates the energy needed to power the motor which in turn powers the windscreen washer pump mechanism.
Driven by the Audi windscreen washer motor, the washer bottle pump pumps the spray through the connecting pipe where it bursts out across the windscreen through the washer jets. With the help of the windscreen wipers the screen can be cleared of water and dirt. The windscreen washer motor sources it's electrical power through direct current from the car's battery. Often an electric motor will contain carbon brushes that work to move the electricity from outside the motor to the rotating copper winding housed in the center of the motor.
Common failures with the wiper motor is when the winding becomes shorted. These copper conductors can overheat causing the winding to short circuit. The carbon brushes in the motor are also put under a great deal of friction, and will eventually burn out causing the wiper motor to malfunction. When the windscreen washer motor needs replacing, buying the Audi windscreen washer motor will ensure you get a part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The Audi R8 is made very unusually, and only 20 are rolled out of their factory on any given day. That’s because it's considered an honour to work on this model, and only the top 120 Audi employees are qualified enough.
- The Audi Type K was the first car with left-hand steering as standard. This was one of Audi’s most popular cars, especially in Germany.
- Not happy with just making one of the first automated cars, Audi even built and raced one in the Pikes Peak Hill race, setting records for speed even without a driver.
- Audi was founded after the German engineer August Horch fell out with the co-founder of his first manufacturing company. He called the new company August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.
- Audi was the first manufacturer to use four-wheel drive cars in the World Rally Championship. Consistent wins meant that the WRC soon allowed all cars to use the technology.