Used BMW Brake Assist Control Units
All used BMW Brake Assist Control Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Assist Control Units
The BMW brake assist control unit is part of your car's intelligent high-pressure brake system. Your car's ABS system improves overall driving stability and the BMW brake assist control unit plays an important part in this by working in conjunction with the anti-lock braking system to provide the most effective braking performance possible in an emergency. Studies have revealed that most drivers do not brake hard enough in an emergency situation. This vital electronic device is an intelligent safety feature developed to help your car slow down and come to a halt as quickly as possible, assisting you to brake safely and evenly.
Essentially, the brake assist control unit was developed to improve overall braking by minimizing the level of pressure you need to apply on your brake pedals. So the BMW brake assist control unit enables you to brake quickly if needs be, over the shortest possible distance, while allowing you to keep steady control of your steering. The BMW brake assist control unit works by recognizing that the brake pressure needs to be increased and maintains this level of pressure until the ABS system takes charge, which then stops the wheels from locking, significantly reducing the braking distance and regulating the overall stability of your car when braking.
If the BMW brake assist control unit is broken it will not apply the pressure needed which means the ABS would not be activated and able to do its job. This means it would take you longer to slow down and stop your car, as it is your foot alone that is providing the pressure on the brake. An ABS warning light will show on the dashboard if your <Model> brake assist control unit is faulty and the ABS will cease to operate. Make sure you get the right replacement part for your vehicle by buying a new BMW brake assist control unit that will be compatible with the make and model your car.
- Pop Art legend Andy Warhol was asked to hand paint a BMW, and he did the whole thing on a full-sized model in 24 minutes. He said afterwards, "I adore the car, it's much better than a work of art."
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…
- The famous German pilot, the Red Baron, called BMW engines the 'greatest in the world' and ‘the best engine in the war’.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The BMW company was founded way back in 1916 and originally manufactured engines for planes. High demand for plane engines during WWI was good news for BMW, but they carried on making plane engines right up until 1945.