Find parts for your car
Used BMW Brake Cabless
All used BMW Brake Cabless listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Cabless
The brake cable is the cable that connects the handbrake lever to the rear parking brake mechanism on the rear wheels.
Depending on the make and model and type of system, the operation of the handbrake may employ the disc brake or a separate drum brake system. Either way it is a set of inner and outer cables that run from the rear of the hand brake lever, which is commonly found between the driver's seat and the front passenger seat. The inner cable is of spun wire and the outer cable a reinforced plastic sleeve. The BMW brake cables run under the car branching off to connect to the brake mechanism on backside of each rear wheel.
When the handbrake lever is pulled upwards, it pulls the inner cables and engages the rear brakes. Pulling the lever engages a ratchet lock which is released with a button on the end of the lever. The cable is adjustable at the lever end as the ends are threaded
In time the cable can become frayed and eventually snap. The cable can become stretched and become too long for adjustment and it can also become seized up between the inner and outer cables. BMW brake cables is the ideal replacement part for the make and model of your vehicle.
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- One of the reasons older BMWs keep their value is because it's easy to get spare parts for even the oldest models. That's because BMW has carried on making car parts, even for cars that were built in WWII.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- The BMW 3.0CSL was sold in the 70s and had the unusual addition of a spoiler that was kept in the boot. The owner could install it if they wanted to, but BMW couldn't sell the car with the spoiler attached because of road laws!