Used BMW Bumpers
All used BMW Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The BMW bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The BMW bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The BMW bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The BMW bumper complete provides the complete package.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The BMW company was founded way back in 1916 and originally manufactured engines for planes. High demand for plane engines during WWI was good news for BMW, but they carried on making plane engines right up until 1945.
- Electric cars might be all the rage now, but BMW built their first one in 1972 and called it the BMW 1602e. It didn't quite make it to market though, thanks to the fact that it could only hold a twenty-minute charge.
- The BMW 3.0CSL was sold in the 70s and had the unusual addition of a spoiler that was kept in the boot. The owner could install it if they wanted to, but BMW couldn't sell the car with the spoiler attached because of road laws!