Used BMW Door Side Slidings
All used BMW Door Side Slidings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Side Slidings
The BMW door side sliding provides an easy-access sliding door designed specifically for the make and model of your vehicle.
Mounted and held in place on tracks, the BMW door sliding side, slides open or shut with ease. To prevent the door from slamming, and to enable to door to stay either open or closed, the mechanism is fitted with a track stopper at each end of the track. Most manufacturers of modern cars favour aluminium for parts such as car doors, because it's strong durable and rustproof while being lightweight. Car doors can also be made of steel and strong plastics. The interior of a car door, referred to as the car door panel, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover, and can be lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl, to blend with the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the car door panel houses controls such as electric window controls, and the locking mechanism for the door.
It's usually the larger passenger vehicles, such as people carriers, that have a side sliding door, which enables the passengers seated in the back of the car to enter and exit the vehicle. With the use of a handle, the BMW side sliding door can be slid open or shut. Some sliding doors can be electrically powered. Sliding doors are particularly useful when the car is parked in a small space, because space is not needed to swing the door open, as with standard car doors that work with a hinged mechanism. Sliding doors also make loading a vehicle with luggage much easier as there is no obstruction with a sliding door; it simply slides open and out of the way, disappearing into the bodywork of the vehicle. This type of sliding door is referred to as a pocket door.
Usual reasons for replacement of side sliding doors range from damage caused in an accident to a faulty or worn sliding mechanism which prevents the door opening or closing properly. If the side sliding door on your vehicle has seen better says, suffering from rust or you simply wish to smarten up your vehicle, purchasing a new BMW door side sliding will fit the make and model of your car perfectly.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The famous German pilot, the Red Baron, called BMW engines the 'greatest in the world' and ‘the best engine in the war’.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- Did you know that BMW built a Lamborghini? The two popular companies decided to make a race car together, but Lamborghini pulled out during the manufacturing process. BMW carried on, and the final result was the original BMW M1 supercar.