Used BMW Engine Reconditioneds
All used BMW Engine Reconditioneds listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for BMW from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Engine Reconditioneds
The <Model>reconditioned engine is a replacement for your existing engine. It has been stipped down, the parts checked and renewed where necessary.
The existing engine, requires disconnection from mountings, cables and pipes. Depending on which Brand and model the old engine will require disconnection from the gearbox before or after removal from the engine compartment. On some vehicles the gearbox will remain in position on others it will be removed and refitted when the whole unit is removed with the gearbox still attached. The reconditioned engine may be purchased complete or Bare. Complete needs no parts from your existing engine. Bare, meaning that it will need parts from your existing engine. This needs to be clarified.
All parts being used from the old engine for the Bare reconditioned engine should be checked and replaced as necessary. Engine mountings may also need to be replaced.
The reconditioned engine will come with a warranty, this needs to be clarified as to the warranty length and coverage detail.
- The very first BMW was named the 'Dixi'. They hadn't designed it (it was really an English Austin), and they dropped the name 'Dixi' very quickly, instead opting for the rather more grandiose BMW 3/15 DA-2. Rolls off the tongue!
- Think you know what BMW is an acronym of? If you answered Broke My Wallet, you’re definitely wrong. It really stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke (which is Bavarian Motor Works in English).
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- One of the reasons older BMWs keep their value is because it's easy to get spare parts for even the oldest models. That's because BMW has carried on making car parts, even for cars that were built in WWII.