Find parts for your car
Used BMW Fog Lights
All used BMW Fog Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for BMW from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Fog Lights
The BMW fog light is situated on the rear of the vehicle and is used when driving in poor visibility conditions such as fog or falling snow. The fog lights on the rear of the vehicle are coloured red, and any fog lights on the front of the vehicle are coloured white. This is to help other road users work out if a vehicle is driving away from them or towards them on the road.
The BMW fog light differs to the other lights on the vehicle in that its beams are low and wide to create a narrow bar of light running along the road surface to illuminate any road obstacles. In rear fog lights, these are used more for the benefit of other drivers behind you so that they are aware of your vehicle and any obstacles between you both.
Because of the intensity of the beam fog lights have restrictions on when they can be used. If used when visibility conditions are not poor, these could temporarily blind other drivers and cause collisions.
Failure of a BMW fog light is an MOT failure and should be corrected quickly.
- Everyone knows what the BMW logo looks like, but do you know what it represents? Most people think it's inspired by propellers (because of BMW's aviation history), but it's really just the same colour scheme as the Bavarian flag and was designed to showcase Bavaria.
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- One of the reasons older BMWs keep their value is because it's easy to get spare parts for even the oldest models. That's because BMW has carried on making car parts, even for cars that were built in WWII.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.