Used BMW Fuel Pump Housings
All used BMW Fuel Pump Housings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for BMW from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Fuel Pump Housings
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. Part of the fuel pump assembly is the fuel pump housing. The BMW fuel pump housing is a protective housing that contains and shields the fuel pump. The fuel pump functions to pump fuel from the fuel tank into the cylinders of the engine. It's usually an electronic device which delivers fuel under high pressure to meet the demands of the fuel injection engine. Working in conjunction with a computerised control unit, the fuel pump pumps the fuel into the engine while ensuring the correct level of pressure is applied to inject the right amount of fuel into the engine at the right time.
Mechanical pumps are usually located outside the fuel tank, mounted inside a special housing which connects to the fuel tank. Most modern vehicles have fuel injected engines which use an electric fuel pump which is normally situated within the fuel tank. The fuel pump housing is usually a plastic casing, cylindrical in shape, that encloses the fuel pump and motor. Usually the housing is encased in a spring-mounted frame which keeps it secured to the fuel tank.
The entire fuel pump assembly should be in excellent condition and working well for the fuel system to function effectively. Ensuring the right amount of fuel is pumped into the engine at the right time is crucial in order for optimum combustion to take place. If there is a fault with the fuel pump housing this can affect the proper functioning of the fuel pump. The entire fuel pump assembly is built to withstand wear and tear and exposure to abrasive elements but will eventually require replacement parts. Broken or cracked fuel pump housing should be replaced as soon as possible. Exclusively designed for the make and mode of your vehicle, the BMW fuel pump housing is the perfect replacement part.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…
- The Cold War affected BMW sales so significantly that the company was nearly bought out by their arch-rivals Mercedes in 1959. A silent investor saved the company, but the rivalry between BMW and Mercedes Benz is ongoing.
- The very first BMW was named the 'Dixi'. They hadn't designed it (it was really an English Austin), and they dropped the name 'Dixi' very quickly, instead opting for the rather more grandiose BMW 3/15 DA-2. Rolls off the tongue!