Used BMW Inlet Manifold Plastics
All used BMW Inlet Manifold Plastics listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for BMW from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Inlet Manifold Plastics
The engine needs oxygen from the air in order for combustion to work. It is imperative that the car's engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency. A car's air intake system consists of several vital components that work together to ensure the air entering the engine is a steady and uninterrupted flow of clean, filtered air. The BMW inlet manifold plastic ensures the air or fuel/air mixture is provided to the inlet/intake ports in the cylinder heads in the engine. In some cases the inlet manifold also functions to deliver coolant.
The inlet manifold gasket functions to act as a sealant to the BMW inlet manifold plastic, ensuring that a tight seal is maintained between the inlet manifold and the cylinder head. The inlet manifold, consists of a selection of pipes or tubes, usually manufactured from a specialised strong plastic, that function to deliver the air equally to each of the cylinder heads in the engine. This vital part works to ensure the air is divided evenly, so an equal quantity of air is flowing into each of the cylinders at the same time, so that precisely the right amount of air can mix with precisely the right amount of fuel in the cylinders in order for combustion to occur.
It is common for an internal combustion engine to use a four-stroke action. The intake stroke, which is the first stroke of the pistons, draws an equal amount of air from the inlet manifold into each cylinder, delivering the air via the air intake valve. For the next three strokes of the engine the air intake valves are shut while compression, combustion and exhaust processes are occurring. Then the intake valves open again and once more the air is drawn through into the cylinders from the inlet manifold. The BMW intake manifold plastic ensures the right amount of air is ready to be drawn into the cylinders when the intake valves open and that the same amount of air is being delivered into each of the engine's cylinders.
Signs of a faulty inlet manifold can include an engine that struggles when idling; a stuttering, shaking engine; an engine that is stalling; and a loss of power when accelerating. To be certain the exact cause of the fault is properly diagnosed it is always a good idea to seek the advice of your mechanic. It is really important when replacing a faulty inlet manifold that you fit a replacement part that is compatible with your vehicle. Specifically manufactured for the make and model of your vehicle, the BMW inlet manifold plastic is the ideal product, providing a part that will fit well, perform properly and last longer.
- Electric cars might be all the rage now, but BMW built their first one in 1972 and called it the BMW 1602e. It didn't quite make it to market though, thanks to the fact that it could only hold a twenty-minute charge.
- The famous German pilot, the Red Baron, called BMW engines the 'greatest in the world' and ‘the best engine in the war’.
- Think you know what BMW is an acronym of? If you answered Broke My Wallet, you’re definitely wrong. It really stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke (which is Bavarian Motor Works in English).
- Did you know that BMW built a Lamborghini? The two popular companies decided to make a race car together, but Lamborghini pulled out during the manufacturing process. BMW carried on, and the final result was the original BMW M1 supercar.
- Pop Art legend Andy Warhol was asked to hand paint a BMW, and he did the whole thing on a full-sized model in 24 minutes. He said afterwards, "I adore the car, it's much better than a work of art."