Find parts for your car
Used BMW Roof Linings
All used BMW Roof Linings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for BMW from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Roof Linings
One of the most important features of a car’s upholstery is the BMWroof lining. The BMWroof lining serves several functions. The first of these is purely decorative. The BMW roof lining should match the rest of the interior décor of the vehicle.
Secondly, the BMW roof lining provides a protective barrier between the interior of the car and the car’s exterior metal roof. This ensures that the head/s of the driver and any of the passengers is prevented from coming to harm if they come into contact with the roof as a result of the car hitting a bump or being involved in a collision.
Thirdly, the BMW roof lining serves to keep the inside of the car insulated against noise from the outside. Because it is padded, often with a foam backing, the BMW roof lining is able to drown out external noise.
Finally, the BMW roof lining keeps the heat of the car in its interior and insulates against the cold air from the outside getting into the car.
Because of all of these important functions, a car’s BMW roof lining should be kept in good condition. If it is damaged, it should be replaced and there are a large number of vehicle upholsterers who are able to fit a new BMW roof lining for a reasonable price.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The famous German pilot, the Red Baron, called BMW engines the 'greatest in the world' and ‘the best engine in the war’.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- Did you know that BMW built a Lamborghini? The two popular companies decided to make a race car together, but Lamborghini pulled out during the manufacturing process. BMW carried on, and the final result was the original BMW M1 supercar.