Used BMW Seats
All used BMW Seats listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The BMW individual seat gives you a car seat designed to fit the make and model of your car. Individual seats are usually positioned in the front or rear of the car, to enable the driver or front and rear passengers to sit comfortably while travelling.
There are two main types of seating in most vehicles. The individual or bucket seat which are contoured to take one person, and the bench seat which will accommodate two or even three people. Usually bucket seats occupy the front of the vehicle and bench seats the rear. The rear seats can often be folded down when not in use to create extra luggage space. In addition there are some estate cars that have one or two rear-facing children's seats that can be folded away when not in use.
The seats in a car are important for reasons of safety, comfort and health. Whether making a short trip to the local shop or travelling long distances in your car it's important the seats provide support, comfort and functionality. Car seats are generally covered in leather, cloth or synthetic materials like neoprene or synthetic leather. The material used to cover car seats should be strong, tough, practical, comfortable, long lasting, easy to clean, aesthetically pleasing and should match the rest of the car's interior.
The BMW individual seat can be fitted with a head rest to support the head and neck while travelling in the car, helping to keep the head upright, offering comfort and reducing head and neck pain. It also provides safety in a crash situation by supporting the head and neck to minimise injury. The BMW individual seat will offer back support too. The seats in a car can have an armrest fixed to them for increased comfort which can be folded away when not required. Cup-holders are also available as part of the armrests on some models. Some car seats offer lumbar support which provides added support and comfort to the back while travelling. All cars are required to have seatbelts fitted for all seats and is considered as the Primary Restraint System. They are paramount to safety when travelling in the car.
You may need to replace an individual seat because your car has been in an accident and the seat has suffered damage or you may want to customise and personalise the interior of your car with a different seat. Perhaps the BMW individual seat has seen better days and coming to the end of its working life. It's important to choose the right car seat that will fit properly and function well. Specifically designed for the make and model of your car, the BMW individual seat is the right choice.
- Pop Art legend Andy Warhol was asked to hand paint a BMW, and he did the whole thing on a full-sized model in 24 minutes. He said afterwards, "I adore the car, it's much better than a work of art."
- The Cold War affected BMW sales so significantly that the company was nearly bought out by their arch-rivals Mercedes in 1959. A silent investor saved the company, but the rivalry between BMW and Mercedes Benz is ongoing.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- Electric cars might be all the rage now, but BMW built their first one in 1972 and called it the BMW 1602e. It didn't quite make it to market though, thanks to the fact that it could only hold a twenty-minute charge.
- The BMW 3.0CSL was sold in the 70s and had the unusual addition of a spoiler that was kept in the boot. The owner could install it if they wanted to, but BMW couldn't sell the car with the spoiler attached because of road laws!