Used BMW X3 Door Check Straps
All used BMW X3 Door Check Straps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for BMW X3 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Check Straps
The X3 BMW door check straps is the part that stops the door opening too far and too fast.
It allows the car door to stay open fully open as well as enabling a half way stopping point when you open the door, stopping the door from swinging open too far, which can damage the hinges, while also stopping the door from slamming shut.
Positioned directly beneath the top door hinge, the X3 BMW door check straps connects to the door, usually with pins or bolts, and is concealed in the A-post. The components that hold the check straps to the car body are inserted through a sheet which is welded, from the inside, to the car body.
If the securing bolts or pins are loose this can damage the door strap mechanism and cause the door to rock when it is opened or closed. The metal can wear if bolts are not secured properly and this can result in needing to replace the X3 BMW door check straps. Parts like this do, over the course of time, wear out, corrode and stop functioning properly. When looking to replace this part with one that is compatible with your car, buying a new X3 BMW door check straps is the ideal choice.
- The famous German pilot, the Red Baron, called BMW engines the 'greatest in the world' and ‘the best engine in the war’.
- Think you know what BMW is an acronym of? If you answered Broke My Wallet, you’re definitely wrong. It really stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke (which is Bavarian Motor Works in English).
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…