Find parts for your car
Used BMW X3 Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor
All used BMW X3 Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for BMW X3 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor
The X3 BMW idle speed control stepper motor is part of the idle control valve. An electronically controlled device, the X3 BMW idle control valve is often used in fuel injected engines, and works in conjunction with the car's ECU (Engine Control Unit) to control the idling of the engine. Idle control valves work by opening the throttle valves directly, regulating the air flow through the throttle body.
The idle speed control stepper motor is located in the engine, next to the throttle body. It connects directly to the idle control valve. The idle control valve consists of an adjustable, moving pintle attached to a rod, powered by a gear which is connected to the idle speed control stepper motor.
The X3 BMW idle control valve works to deliver and maintain a regular engine idling speed. Factors such as a cold engine, using the car radio or the air conditioning can effect the idling speed of the engine, so the idle control valve neutralises these outside factors, and makes sure that the engine is constantly idling at a level speed. Based on data gathered by a variety of engine sensors, the idle control valves manage the volume of air entering the throttle valves by either increasing or reducing the engine's idle speed to maintain a constant speed. The tip of the pintle is shaped like a funnel and enters into an air passage in the throttle. The level of air in the pintle controls the idle speed of the engine. The extremely precise movement of the idle speed control stepper motor means the idle control valve is able to accurately adjust the flow of air entering into the throttle. The X3 BMW idle speed control stepper motor completes its rotational cycle moving in small stages or steps, enabling the opening and closing of the valves with each exact movement. The idle speed control stepper motor is activated/moves whenever an electrical current is applied to it.
An engine that stalls when idling or struggles/shuts down when the air conditioning is turned on, for example, could indicate a problem with the idle speed control stepper motor. The idle control valve assists with engine start up in cold conditions. If any of the idle control valve components are faulty, such as the idle speed control stepper motor, this may prevent a cold engine start. When you need to change the idle speed control stepper motor, it's vital that the replacement part is compatible with your car. Specifically manufactured for the make and model of your vehicle, the X3 BMW idle speed control stepper motor is the perfect replacement part.
- Everyone knows what the BMW logo looks like, but do you know what it represents? Most people think it's inspired by propellers (because of BMW's aviation history), but it's really just the same colour scheme as the Bavarian flag and was designed to showcase Bavaria.
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- One of the reasons older BMWs keep their value is because it's easy to get spare parts for even the oldest models. That's because BMW has carried on making car parts, even for cars that were built in WWII.
- Electric cars might be all the rage now, but BMW built their first one in 1972 and called it the BMW 1602e. It didn't quite make it to market though, thanks to the fact that it could only hold a twenty-minute charge.