Find parts for your car
Used BMW X5 Glove Box
All used BMW X5 Glove Box listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for BMW X5 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Glove Box
The X5 BMW glove box is a useful storage space with a lid which conceals and protects items placed in it.
The X5 BMW glove box lid door can be found covering the front opening to the glove box, which is more often than not situated as a part of the dashboard, in front of the front passenger seat.
The driver or passenger sitting in the front seat of the car, can access items placed in the glove box with ease, by opening the X5 BMW glove box lid. The X5 BMW glove box will be easily accessible and have a user friendly opening mechanism. The X5 BMW glove box lid can be locked to increase the security of items left in the glove box. A light is activated when the glove box is opened enabling the user to clearly see and to find what they are looking for.
Glove boxes come in a variety of designs, materials and styles, some with features such as cup holders or a molded space on the outside of the lid to keep small items and change close to hand. Design, shape and features will depend on the individual car make and model.
Over time and continued use the mechanism on the X5 BMW glove box lid can fail and either the glove box lid or the entire glove box will need replacing. The glove box may need to be replaced because it's old and looking tired and you'd like to update the look of your car's interior. The glove box in your car may be broken due to damage suffered in a collision. It's important to make sure that you replace the glove box with the exact X5 BMW glove box that matches the make and model of your car, so that it not only fits correctly but compliments the overall design, feel and interior scheme of the car.
- One of the reasons older BMWs keep their value is because it's easy to get spare parts for even the oldest models. That's because BMW has carried on making car parts, even for cars that were built in WWII.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The BMW company was founded way back in 1916 and originally manufactured engines for planes. High demand for plane engines during WWI was good news for BMW, but they carried on making plane engines right up until 1945.
- Electric cars might be all the rage now, but BMW built their first one in 1972 and called it the BMW 1602e. It didn't quite make it to market though, thanks to the fact that it could only hold a twenty-minute charge.