Used Chevrolet ABS Sensors
All used Chevrolet ABS Sensors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ABS Sensors
Chevrolet ABS sensor is a simple yet clever speed sensor and an integral part of your car's anti-lock braking system. It has a vital part to play in enabling you to steer smoothly and safely and to break without skidding or sliding.
The Chevrolet ABS sensor is located, as you might imagine, positioned at the back of the wheel, close to the brake rotors.
This clever speed sensor monitors the speed at which each wheel is rotating and measures the amount of hydraulic pressure needed. This information is sent back to the ABS control unit which adjusts the brake pressure accordingly, stopping your car wheels from slipping and swerving. Essentially, the Chevrolet ABS sensor informs the anti-lock braking system that your wheels are about to lock, which in turn stops this from happening.
The Chevrolet ABS sensor can be prone to a build up of dirt over time, which can stop it from working properly. This can cause it to produce an irregular signal or no signal at all. Damage to the sensor's winding caused by constant vibration can also lead the ABS sensor to malfunction. Salt used on the roads in winter months can get into the sensors, which can damage the signal and prevent the sensor from working. If there is a fault with the Chevrolet ABS sensor , the ABS warning light will show on the display and the ABS system will stop working completely. If this happens you will still be able to break but it will be unassisted by the anti-lock breaking system. Without the wheel speed sensors the anti-lock braking system cannot work. The Traction Control System (TCS) also uses the speed sensors so this will not work either if the sensors are broken. When this part fails, replacing it with a Chevrolet ABS sensor will ensure you get a quality product that is right for the make and model of your car.
- The founder of Chevrolet held the speed world record before he built the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.
- The first Chevrolet was the iconic series C Classic Six. It sold for the very low price of just $2,150. That's about £1700 in proper money.
- There's a version of the Corvette that is very different from its counterparts. The Corvette Grand Sport is much lighter than traditional designs, but the car was built at a time when General Motors were stopping projects. Only five of the cars were made, and the hefty price tag of £6-8 million means that they are all in the hands of private collectors.
- There have been some classic Chevrolet cars on the big screen. It's hard to forget the Tom Cruise feature Days of Thunder without thinking of the Chevrolet Lumina, but there are also Chevrolets in the classic American Graffiti. That film had a stunning 1958 Chevy Impala and a Chevy 210. Of course, the best Chevrolet cinematic appearance was clearly Michael Bay's Transformers, with Bumblebee being a '76 and a 2010 Camaro.
- It turned out that the Chevrolet chassis was ideally suited to WWII because it proved incredibly easy to install extra armour and both a machine gun and flamethrower to the roof.