Used Chevrolet Accelerator Rods
All used Chevrolet Accelerator Rods listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Accelerator Rods
The Chevrolet accelerator rod links the accelerator pedal to the throttle, the valve of which controls the flow of air in your engine and in turn dictates the amount of fuel released into your engine.
The accelerator rod is located under the accelerator pedal in the footwell of your car.
The Chevrolet accelerator rod plays a major role in making sure the throttle valve is able to open fully and the flow of air and fuel in your engine is regulated. A good quality, working Chevrolet accelerator rod will enable smooth functioning of the accelerator pedal when you press your foot on it and a steady, gentle spring return on the accelerator pedal when you release your foot.
An old or worn out Chevrolet accelerator rod can cause problems by not producing adequate force to spin the throttle properly which in turn prevents the throttle valve from opening sufficiently. This means the amount of fuel entering the engine of your car is not being regulated effectively, causing the accelerator pedal to stop working properly. If you are experiencing problems when using the accelerator pedal, seek advice from your mechanic about whether you need to buy a new Chevrolet accelerator rod.
- The founder of Chevrolet held the speed world record before he built the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.
- The first Chevrolet was the iconic series C Classic Six. It sold for the very low price of just $2,150. That's about £1700 in proper money.
- There's a version of the Corvette that is very different from its counterparts. The Corvette Grand Sport is much lighter than traditional designs, but the car was built at a time when General Motors were stopping projects. Only five of the cars were made, and the hefty price tag of £6-8 million means that they are all in the hands of private collectors.
- When it comes to stock car racing, it's hard to beat Chevrolet. As of 2015, they became the most successful manufacturer in the history of NASCAR, with 749 race wins and a staggering 38 manufacturer's championships.
- Chevrolet holds the number one and number three positions on the list of America's most popular cars. Although Ford's Mustang is in second place, the Corvette is the number one car in the US, with the Camaro at number three.