Used Chevrolet Airbag Roofs
All used Chevrolet Airbag Roofs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Roofs
The airbag system is a crucial part of the car safety system. Having an airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a seriously clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Chevrolet airbag roof is located in a protective casing in the roof of the car above the person’s head, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a rollover crash or a high impact frontal crash.
The Chevrolet airbag roof reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the person sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Chevrolet airbag roof needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning fully, and that an important component such as the Chevrolet airbag roof is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The person needs to be seated correctly and wearing a seatbelt for the Chevrolet airbag roof to work properly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the Chevrolet airbag roof the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Chevrolet airbag roof inflates you will need to replace it with a new Chevrolet airbag roof as airbags cannot be reused.
- There's a version of the Corvette that is very different from its counterparts. The Corvette Grand Sport is much lighter than traditional designs, but the car was built at a time when General Motors were stopping projects. Only five of the cars were made, and the hefty price tag of £6-8 million means that they are all in the hands of private collectors.
- The founder of Chevrolet held the speed world record before he built the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- There have been some classic Chevrolet cars on the big screen. It's hard to forget the Tom Cruise feature Days of Thunder without thinking of the Chevrolet Lumina, but there are also Chevrolets in the classic American Graffiti. That film had a stunning 1958 Chevy Impala and a Chevy 210. Of course, the best Chevrolet cinematic appearance was clearly Michael Bay's Transformers, with Bumblebee being a '76 and a 2010 Camaro.